Wednesday 17 November 2010

Fashion.

Now, my best friend would kill me for this (she's a Fashion Journo in the making), but I don't really GET fashion. Sometimes, I just don't see the point. I can look in a magazine, and tell you what I like. I can usually even tell you if it'd suit me; but somehow when I buy the outfit (accessories and all) I NEVER look like the girl in photo.
It might be a weight thing; I'm no size 24 elephant, but I sure ain't a size 0. It might be a wearability thing - maybe they're not deigned to be worn, but just visually appreciated.
Or maybe I just can't do the 'in' thing.

This is probably likely; I have no qualms about dying my hair green, piercing a hole in my face and wearing any colours and designs I want - I bought them because I liked them, and I'll wear them however I want.
Something tells me Louis won't be asking me to model anytime soon. The Devil Wears Prada's Meryl Streep has a point, when she points out to new intern Andy that everything she was wearing (cobbled together with no accessories and a wonkier haircut than my own - with far less success) was chosen for her 'by the people in this room, from a pile of 'stuff'.' Her 'pile' may be Chanel whilst mine is charity shop, but we're happy.

Still, this season I made progress. I bought nail varnish that could be classified as 'in trend'. That wasn't red or a derivative of black. Maybe Louis will call....

1 comment:

  1. I can completely relate to this :D I love your style of writing :)

    ReplyDelete